Award Winners at Immersive Film Festival 2015
The third edition of the Immersive Film Festival 2015 that was held at the Espinho/SCISS planetarium in Portugal ended on the 6th of December with the award ceremony. It was a very intense weekend with three days full of excellent content screenings, concerts and live presentations under the dome. The festival has gathered international productions, both 2D and 3D, in the Immersive Cinema field and awarded the best in fulldome productions, on two categories: Short Pieces (from 1 up to 15 minutes), and complete Fulldome Shows.
The IFF organizing committee would like to express its sincere thanks to all who submitted their work to be screened during the Festival and sponsors that were crucial for the organization of the Festival, namelly, Sciss AB, The Elumenati, RSA Cosmos, Fulldome.Pro, Reef distribution, SPITZ, Evans/Sutherland and Barco.
The Winners for the Prizes are:
Full Featured Show
- Best of IFF15: We Are Stars, produced by NSC Creative
- Best Immersion: From Dream To Discovery, produced by Charles Hayden Planetarium
- Best Soundtrack: The Longest Night: A Winter’s Tale, produced by Morehead Planetarium and Science Center
- Best 3D: Dream To Fly, produced by The Heavens of Copernicus Productions
- Best of IFF15: Fermentation, produced by Masashige Iida
- Best Immersion: International Year of Light Teaser, produced by Carl Zeiss AG
- Best Soundtrack: FEBRUAR, produced by Valk Productions
- Best 3D: Flight over Groningen, produced by Mirage3D
- Solar Superstorms, produced by Spitz Creative Media, NCSA Advanced Visualization Lab and Thomas Lucas Productions
- Dark Universe, produced by American Museum of Natural History
- Samskara, produced by Android Jones and FullDomeLab
The Public Choice Award was granted to My Little Brother Jimmy, produced by Thomas Bannier.
Congratulations to the winners and thanks to all participants!