Job Opportunity: Cincinnati Observatory is Hiring an Outreach Educator
The Cincinnati Observatory Center (COC) is hiring a full-time Outreach Educator who will teach a variety of astronomy topics in schools and other locations as well as lead field trips for groups visiting the Observatory. The position will report directly to the Outreach Astronomer and would begin June 1, 2017.
The COC is a national historic landmark whose mission is to maintain the integrity and heritage of a historic 19th century observatory while promoting the study and practice of 21st century astronomy and science. Since 2000, the COC has cultivated a vibrant outreach program to local schools and all eight counties around the Tri-State, serving approximately 25,000 people per year.
- Contacting science teachers and arranging programs for students of all ages including adults
- Preparing and implementing astronomy lessons
- Conducting follow up communication and surveys with the teachers
- Utilizing computer simulations, telescopes, and other astronomical tools
- Conducting outreach to community groups and the general public
- Teaching licensure strongly encouraged
- Background in physical sciences and elementary education
- Experience in teaching students from a variety of age groups
- Flexible schedule as program times vary, including nights and occasional weekends
- A vehicle and valid driver’s license for travel to outreach programs
Salary: $35,000 annually plus benefits.
Please refer to the official website for more application details.