Job Opportunity: Planetarium Assistant at the New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science
The New Mexico Museum of Natural History and Science seeks a Planetarium Assistant who will be responsible for participating in the program development and space science outreach, production of in-house multimedia/animation programs and content, as well as designing posters, flyers, brochures, and other promotional material for the Space Science Program and Museum.
This position will also be responsible for the maintenance of the planetarium, including operation of multi projector equipment, audio, lighting, equipment set up. A Planetarium Assistant will provide technical expertise and assistance with the operation of the Museum’s Observatory, and develop special themed shows for the museum’s special events.
- Associates Degree in Design, Architecture, Applied Arts, Fine Arts, or Graphic Design or related field;
- Two (2) years of experience in exhibition design and/or fabrication;
- Any combination of education from an accredited college or university in a related field and/or direct experience in this occupation totaling four (4) years may substitute for the required education experience.
- Must possess and maintain a current and valid Driver’s License;
- Must possess and maintain a current Defensive Driving Course Certificate from the State of New Mexico or must pass and receive Defensive Driving Course Certification as a condition of continued employment.
Work is performed in an office setting with exposure to Visual/Video Display Terminal (VDT) with usage of projection equipment, phone usage, and copy machines. Some sitting, standing, bending and reaching may be required.
Annual salary: $28,766.40 – $50,044.80
Note that applications must be submitted by the end of the day on January 20. If applying, please follow the submission process on the HR website carefully. If you have any questions, email the Space Science Director: email@example.com.