Job Opportunity: Executive Director - University of Minnesota
- An advanced degree (Masters and/or Ph.D.) in a relevant field including biology, environmental science, earth science, business administration or education;
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of relevant experience in leading and managing complex organizations with a public outreach or education mission;
- Experience with complex budgets and strategic planning;
- Experience developing successful funding and concept proposals;
- Experience as an advocate;
- Experience working with diverse audiences;
- Demonstrated success in leading fundraising efforts and extensive public speaking experience;
- Demonstrated experience building partnerships with diverse organizations, communities and partners.
- Be a visible leader at the University, local, regional, and national level who will represent the BMNHP and build support for the institution;
- Advance innovative educational programs and visitor experiences that deepen science literacy and serve the educational needs of a diverse, urban community;
- Engage in fundraising efforts and events to develop major donor support;
- Ensure strong, evidence-based operations that are efficient and fiscally responsible;
- Create a dynamic social gathering space for life-long learning and informed discussion of scientific and environmental issues;
- Oversee and facilitate the museum’s curatorial mission.
Have you liked this post? Subscribe to FDDB Newsletter
Sign up now, it's free!