Hi there, we’re FDDB.org - Fulldome Database (“FDDB”), a spin-off project of, and governed by, Studio Tiveron. We are based in Padova, Italy – the very same city from which Galileo made his great discoveries about Jupiter's moon!
We are passionately focused on the planetarium, fulldome and immersive worlds. In fact, our aim is to bring you the best fulldome community ever.
We will review this policy regularly, and we may update it from time to time.
The type of personal information we collect and hold
We collect certain personal information about visitors and users of our Sites. The most common types of information we collect include things like: user-names, member names, email addresses, IP addresses, other contact details, survey responses, news, photos, reviews, content you direct us to make available on our Sites (such as fulldome shows, events, etc.) and web analytics data. We will also collect personal information from our Contact form.
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information directly when you provide it to us through our web forms, automatically as you navigate through the Sites, or through other people when you use services associated with the Sites.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Information submitted through the contact form on our site are sent to our company email, hosted by Gmail. Google adheres to the EU “Privacy Shield” policy and you can find more information about this here. While we keep these submissions for user service purposes they are never used for marketing purposes or shared with third parties.
Personal information we collect about you
Information that you specifically give us
When you add content to the site we collect the data shown in the submission forms, your comments and reviews.
While you use our services you may be asked to provide certain types of personal information. This might happen through our website, applications, email, telephone, paper forms, or in-person meetings. We will give you a Collection Notice at the time, to explain how we will use the personal information we are asking for. The notice may be written or verbal.
We may request, collect, or process the following information:
- Account Details - username, password, country, profile picture.
- Contact Details - email address, phone number.
- Location Details - physical address, billing address, time zone.
- Identity Details - full name, proof of identity (e.g. drivers licence, passport), proof of address (e.g. utility bill), photograph of the user.
- Financial Information - payment processor details (e.g. PayPal), tax numbers, credit card details, wire transfer details.
- User Generated Content – content descriptions and attachments, user profiles, user reviews, user comments, user messages etc.
Information we collect as you use our service
We maintain records of the interactions we have with our users, including the products, services and user support we have provided. This includes the interactions our users have with our platform such as when a user has viewed a page or clicked a button.
When we are contacted we may collect personal information that is intrinsic to the communication. For example, if we are contacted via email, we will collect the email address used. We may collect or process the following information:
- Metadata - IP address, computer and connection information, referring web page, standard web log information, language settings, timezone, etc.
- Device Information - device identifier, device type, device plugins, hardware capabilities, etc.
- Location - IP location.
- Actions - pages viewed, buttons clicked, time spent viewing, search keywords, etc.
Links to other sites
Embedded content from other websites
Content on the Sites may include embedded content, like YouTube videos, for example. Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if you visited the other website.
Marketing Choices regarding your personal information
Where we have your consent to do so (e.g. if you have subscribed to one of our e-mail lists or have indicated that you are interested in receiving offers or information from us), we send you marketing communications by email about products and services that we feel may be of interest to you. You can ‘opt-out’ of such communications if you would prefer not to receive them in the future by using the “unsubscribe” facility provided in the communication itself.
You also have choices about cookies, as described below. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject cookies some parts of our Sites may not work properly in your case.
Cookies (not the type you eat!) and web analytics
When you visit our Sites, there’s certain information that’s recorded which is generally anonymous information and does not reveal your identity. If you’re logged into your account some of this information could be associated with your account. We’re talking about the following kinds of details:
- your IP address or proxy server IP address;
- the domain name you requested;
- the name of your internet service provider is sometimes captured depending on the configuration of your ISP connection;
- the date and time of your visit to the website;
- the length of your session;
- the pages which you have accessed;
- the number of times you access our site within any month;
- the file URL you look at and information relating to it;
- the website which referred you to our Sites;
- the operating system which your computer uses.
Information you make public or give to others
How we use personal information
We will use your personal information:
- Where this is necessary for purposes which are in our, or third parties, legitimate interests. These interests include:
- operating the Sites;
- providing you with services described on the Sites;
- verifying your identity when you sign in to our Sites;
- updating you with operational news and information about our Sites and services e.g. to notify you about changes to our Sites, website disruptions or security updates;
- carrying out technical analysis to determine how to improve the Sites and services we provide;
- monitoring activity on the Sites, e.g. to identify potential fraudulent activity and to ensure compliance with the user terms that apply to the Sites;
- managing our relationship with you, e.g. by responding to your request submitted to us on the Sites or asking for your feedback or whether you want to participate in a survey;
- responding to support requests, and helping facilitate the resolution of any disputes;
- managing our legal and operational affairs (including, managing risks relating to content and fraud matters);
- training FDDB staff about how to best serve our user community;
- improving our services and products;
- providing general administrative and performance functions and activities; and processing your job application to FDDB.
- Where you give us consent:
- providing you with marketing information about products and services which we feel may interest you;
- For purposes which are required by law.
- For the purpose of responding to requests by government, a court of law, or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
Who can see your personal information
If you are not a registered FDDB user, there is no personal information we have or can see about you.
If you are a registered FDDB user, your personal information can be accessed by:
- Our System administrator
- Our supporters when they need to (in order to provide support) get the information about the client accounts and access.
When we disclose your personal information
Our third party service providers
The personal information of users may be held or processed on our behalf outside Italy, including 'in the cloud', by our third party service providers. Our third party service providers are bound by contract to only use your personal information on our behalf, under our instructions.
Our third party service providers include:
- Cloud hosting, storage, networking and related providers
- Marketing and analytics providers
- Payment and banking providers
- Security providers
Information about children
Our Sites are not suitable for children under the age of 16 years, so if you are under 16 we ask that you do not use our Sites or give us your personal information (if you are a young fulldome wiz, please direct your nearest responsible adult to use the Sites for you!). If you are from 16 to 18 years, you can browse the Sites but you’ll need the supervision of a parent or guardian to become a registered user. It’s the responsibility of parents or guardians to monitor their children’s use of our Sites.
How long we retain your data
If you register on our Sites, we also store the personal information you provide in your user profile. You can see, edit, or delete your personal information at any time (except changing your username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
We retain your personal information for as long as is necessary to provide the services to you and others, and to comply with our legal obligations. If you no longer want us to use your personal information or to provide you with the FDDB services, you can request that we erase your personal information and close your FDDB account.
Please note when you submit a content, review, support request, or comment, its metadata is retained until (if) you tell us to remove it.
What rights you have over your data
You can access some of the personal information that we collect about you by logging in to your account. You also have the right to make a request to access other personal information we hold about you and to request corrections of any errors in that data. You can also close the account you have with us for any of our Sites at any time. To make an access, correction or elimination request, contact us at email@example.com
You also have rights to object to some processing that is based on our legitimate interests, such as profiling that we perform for the purposes of direct marketing, and, where we have asked for your consent to process your data, to withdraw this consent.
While we endeavour to resolve complaints quickly and informally, if you wish to proceed to a formal privacy complaint, we request that you make your complaint in writing to our Privacy Officer, by mail or email as above. We will acknowledge your formal complaint within 10 working days of receipt.
If we do not resolve your privacy complaint to your satisfaction, you may lodge a complaint with your local Data Protection Authority (DPA). The list of DPAs is available here.
When we need to update this policy
We will need to change this policy from time to time in order to make sure it stays up to date with the latest legal requirements and any changes to our privacy management practices.
When we do change the policy, we’ll make sure to notify you about such changes, where required. A copy of the latest version of this policy will always be available on this page.
If you’re a user or visitor in the European Economic Area these rights also apply to you: For the purposes of applicable EU data protection law, including the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”), we are a ‘data controller’ of your personal information. How you can contact us
If you have any questions about our privacy practices or the way in which we have been managing your personal information, please contact our Privacy Officer in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org
For the purposes of the GDPR, our Privacy Officer is also our Data Protection Officer (DPO).
Welldome back to the
Fulldome world :)
Join the Fulldome community.