Along with screenings of previews and a selection of shorts, the 2014 IMERSA Summit
(March 6-9 in Denver, USA) will host a "Best of the best"
session where awards winnings fulldome shows will be screened in Fiske 8K dome as well as in both Gates' main and portable domes.
This selection will be featured in full screenings and discussions represents films that received award honours at recent festivals and conferences, including the 2013 Fulldome Festival
, Jackson Hole Wildlife Film Festival
, GSCA, Dome Festa, Imiloa Fulldome Film Festival
, DomeFest, and the First Fulldome Festival
Check out their descriptions and video previews:
Dinosaurs at Dusk
Dream to Fly
by The Heavens of Copernicus Productions
To Space & Back
by Sky-Skan & The Franklin Institute
Flight of the Butterflies
by SK Films
MUSICA: Why is the Universe Beautiful?
by Yamanashi Prefecture Science Center & Live Company Ltd.
The Life of Trees
by the Softmachine
by Spitz Creative Media, Mirage 3D, Thomas Lucas Productions
There will be case study sessions on Friday March 7 that are specific to the featured shows.
Venues: SIE Film Center; Denver Museum of Nature & Science (DMNS)
Summit kickoff – Friday evening
- 8:00 am Shuttle from Hotel to SIE Film Center
- 8:30 am Registration at SIE Film Center (Coffee bar at the Center opens at 8:30)
- 9:00 am Live Action Shooting for Green Screen Compositing: "Dinosaurs at Dusk"
- 10:00 am Storytelling for Fulldome: "Dream to Fly"
- 11:00 Managing Workflow for 4K, 8K and beyond: "To Space and Back"
- 1:00 pm From Giant Screen Film to Digital Fulldome: "Flight of the Butterflies"
- 2:00 pm Fulldome Stereography - Best Practices Panel
- 3:00 - 3:30 pm Directing Animation: "The Life of Trees"
- 3:30 – 4:30 Break; shuttle to DMNS
- 4:30 pm Panel discussion - Lessons learned from award winning producers
- 5:30 pm Keynote address: The art of scientific visualization – Donna Cox
- 6:00 pm Welcome Reception sponsored by Seiler/Zeiss
- 6:30 pm Opening Banquet sponsored by Attraktion!/Sphere of Light Award with greetings from Ian McLennan, acknowledgments, and announcements from IMERSA friends and affiliates
- 8:00 pm Screening: "Dream to Fly"
- 8:40 pm Screening: "Flight of the Butterflies"
- 9:30 pm LIVE Demos / dessert bar and coffee
- 10:00 pm Screening: "The Life of Trees"
- 9:30-10:30 pm Shuttles to Hotel
Also make sure to stay over for the 8K event on Sunday night at Fiske Planetarium
and you won't miss the panel discussion about the pros and perils of 8K digital fulldome systems. Speakers will include Chris Maytag (Fiske Planetarium), Mark Webb and Patrick McPike (Adler Planetarium), Michael Daut (E&S), Steve Savage (Sky-Skan), Martin Howe (Electrosonic), and a rep of SCISS.
Please check back soon for additional details on the fulldome screenings. More information about the 2014 IMERSA Summit program March 6-9 can be found at the Summit official site