Job Opportunity: Astronomy Education Coordinator @ the Cleveland Museum of Natural History
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Instruct and develop astronomy programs for school field trips, public visitors, and private events in the Nathan & Fannye Shafran Planetarium and Mueller Observatory;
- Assist with astronomy-related summer camps;
- Instruct outreach astronomy programs in schools, libraries and other settings using portable planetarium and/or telescopes;
- Research upcoming presentation topics and assist in the production of images, audio, and video to enhance the program;
- Share responsibility working evenings and weekends to present public programs and assist with lectures and special events;
- Assist with general monitoring and maintenance of the planetarium and observatory;
- Communicate and work with an audience that is diverse in culture, age, race and abilities in a pleasant, tactful, and enthusiastic manner.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Astronomy, Physics, Education or related field; or three to five years related experience; or equivalent combination of education or experience;
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe Production Suite, Blender, Maya, 3D Studio Max, and/or Sky-Skan’s DigitalSky 2 software preferred;
- Experience teaching in a museum or other informal education setting preferred.
- Ability to communicate modern research in astronomy and physics to diverse audiences;
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule that will include weekends and evenings as needed.
Physical Demands:Position may require sitting, walking, standing, reaching including stooping, kneeling, and crouching. Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds.
To Apply:Please send a cover letter, resume and three references to: Human Resources The Cleveland Museum of Natural History 1 Wade Oval Drive Cleveland, OH 44106 firstname.lastname@example.org No phone calls, please.
Have you liked this post? Subscribe to FDDB Newsletter
Sign up now, it's free!