Job Opportunity: Emera Astronomy Center Director, University of Maine
Skills & Qualifications
- Masters Degree or higher, including subjects related to science education, communication, and astronomy;
- Experience with planetarium- and observatory-related technologies;
- Experience or formal education in observational astronomy, including familiarity with celestial phenomena;
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated skills in writing public relations materials and advertising.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Act as a building manager for the Planetarium and Observatories;
- Train and manage personnel in the Planetarium and Observatories;
- Develop and maintain a regular schedule of planetarium programs and observatory;
- Establish and maintain good business practices, consistent with University policies;
- Engage in professional activities, work with local and campus museums and organizations, and represent the Astronomy Center in the media;
Have you liked this post? Subscribe to FDDB Newsletter
Sign up now, it's free!