Job Opportunity: Immersive Display Engineer at AMNH
The American Museum of Natural History (AMNH) is one of the world’s preeminent scientific and cultural institutions, and has as its mission to discover, interpret, and disseminate information about human cultures, the natural world, and the universe through a wide-ranging program of scientific research, education, and exhibition. AMNH has been a decades long innovator in the presentation of leading-edge display technologies to the public in the service of public education, and in house production of ultra-high resolution science driven content. In partnership with leading manufacturers and integrators AMNH successfully pioneered the first fulldome digital Planetarium, the first TrueLaser/REC2020/High Dynamic Range blended display, and video walls displaying content at more than double 8k resolution.
To support the Gilder Center Invisible Words Theatre (opening in 2023), as well as the vast installed base of video and interactive media and future projects, AMNH is seeking an Immersive Display Engineer.
Position Summary: Working with an established technical team, the Immersive Display Engineer will be responsible for design, management, and operational oversight of large-scale display systems at the American Museum of Natural History. The duties shall include the ongoing development of process, procedures, and strategy to guarantee the highest quality is consistently maintained across existing and future immersive displays.
Some night and weekend work will be required.
- Extensive experience with large-scale immersive displays
- Experience in color matching theory and technique, screen calibration, physical/electronic masking, image blending and warping, lens and screen specifications, Projectors, LED displays and monitors.
- Experience with managing and scheduling preventative maintenance, communicating with, and managing relationships with display manufacturers
- Ability to read and understand large system level schematic drawings
- Ability to document, communicate, share, and teach technical information to fellow staff
- Ability to collaboratively trouble shoot & work well with others in high pressure show conditions.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience with multichannel video playback systems
- Experience in theme park or simulator system design/maintenance
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Hours: 35 hours/week
To Apply, please go to this link: https://careers.amnh.org/postings/3000
Have you liked this post? Subscribe to FDDB Newsletter
Sign up now, it's free!