Job Opportunity: Planetarium Coordinator at Hartnell College
Knowledge & Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in astronomy, physics, physical science or related field;
- Two years’ experience in a planetarium;
- Experience in planetarium operation and management;
- Experience with planetarium technical equipment;
- Knowledge of modern astronomy including constellations, evening sky, physical science, mathematics, etc;
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Perform specialized activities and coordinate the operations of the planetarium facility and equipment;
- Schedule and present planetarium programs for the public;
- Modify and install new programs, research, write, produce and update existing programs as needed;
- Work with college faculty and staff to enrich college coursework and programming with planetarium resources;
- Maintain the planetarium facility and equipment;
- Plan and schedule planetarium – star shows, courses, and special events;
- Prepare preliminary budget recommendations related to planetarium operations, purchase new equipment, tools and shows according to established procedures;
- Arrange and update exhibits in the lobby and other exhibit areas as needed.
Have you liked this post? Subscribe to FDDB Newsletter
Sign up now, it's free!