Job Opportunity: Planetarium Director at Angelo State University, TX
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications:
- A doctorate in Physics, Astronomy, Science Education, or closely related field;
- Five years or more of digital planetarium operation experience is desired;
- Experience in undergraduate teaching and in distance education is preferred;
- Experience with a Spitz SciDome HD projection system and numerous programs for this system is desirable;
- Strong communication and organizational skills;
- Dedication to excellence in teaching students and the public.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- To oversee the planetarium budgets;
- To schedule public shows and shows for regional schools;
- To acquire new planetarium programming;
- To supervise planetarium student workers;
- To pursue public relations with local media outlets;
- To maintain the planetarium, lobby displays and telescopes;
- To teach undergraduate lectures and laboratories in Astronomy and assist with departmental and university service.
Have you liked this post? Subscribe to FDDB Newsletter
Sign up now, it's free!