is looking for Program Coordinator
who will be responsible for the development and delivery of planetarium shows, the coordination, and communication of planetarium programming and the maintenance of planetarium technology and content.
As one of the three largest planetariums in the State of Texas UTA Planetarium is a groundbreaking research facility with a 60-feet dome projection surface, fully digital projection system and advanced software. UTA Planetarium provides its visitors views of the realistic night sky, the Solar System, stars, and distance galaxies complemented with Dolby surround sound.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Presents planetarium shows for public and private groups
- Operates and maintains the planetarium hardware and software
- Supervises and trains part-time student employees in planetarium operation
- Produces planetarium shows and content
- Provides administrative assistance
- Performs other duties assigned.
Required & Preferred Qualifications
- Required: Master’s degree in a related field and one year of experience in a Planetarium or a Bachelor’s degree in a related field and three years of experience in the Planetarium or the equivalent experience
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Astronomy or related field. Experience producing Planetarium shows or similar digital content.
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday – Friday.
Resume or CV, Cover/Interest Letter, and References.
Applicants must include in their online resume the following information: 1) Employment history: name of the company, period employed (from month/year to month/year), job title, the summary of job duties and 2) Education: school name, degree type, major. To apply for the job, fill in the application form on the official website