Job Opportunity: Fulldome Technical Specialist at the Fleet Science Center
- Operating Digital Sky Full-Dome system and periphery equipment. Running astronomy shows for the publicSky Tonight Astronomy show;
- Preparing all digital Full-Dome content from hard drive to dome (editing, slicing and distributing);
- Providing support for A/V needs throughout entire building (Theater, Boardroom, Conference Room, Community Forum and Lecture Hall);
- Supporting organization’s audio and video editing needs (After Effects, Photo Shop, Final Cut Pro, Pro Tools, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.);
- Making new audio/video sessions for special events and social media;
- Performing post-production activities as needed, including photo and scene selection, editing, graphic design, layout, special effects, music selection and scoring and media conversion and duplication;
- Preparing audio for all IMAX films including captioning for IMAX filmsand preparing separate mix for Spanish language.
Experience and Skills:
- A minimum of two years related experience in a position responsible for all A/V systems, digital projection, and film/sound editing;
- Technical expertise as needed for the position;
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing;
- Ability train, supervise, and direct other employees on use of equipment;
- Experience in After Effects, Photo Shop, Final Cut Pro, Pro Tools, Adobe Creative Suite, Sky Scan, etc.
Have you liked this post? Subscribe to FDDB Newsletter
Sign up now, it's free!