The Department of Physics at the University of North Georgia
(UNG) invites applications for the position of Planetarium Director/Lecturer. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society.
is located in the Health and Natural Sciences Building on the UNG campus. The star theater seats 42 and houses a new Evans and Sutherland Digistar 5 projector with a thirty-foot diameter dome. There are weekly public shows and specially scheduled shows for school groups and other organizations.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operating the George E. Coleman, Sr. Planetarium, including show production and presentations, scheduling of shows, routine maintenance and general administration of the facility;
- Teaching introductory astronomy labs in the planetarium.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Astronomy and planetarium background knowledge along with enthusiasm and skills in presentation and dealing with the public;
- Masters degree required;
- Experience working with students from K-12 through university level;
- Experience in planetarium show development, production and presentation is also needed.
Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae, Unofficial Transcripts, and other documents.
Please submit contact information for three professional references
. Under "other documents" please submit a statement of planetarium
and teaching experience
If this position sounds like you, fill in the online application form
and be ready to start work on summer or fall 2016