Job Opportunity: LSST Head of Education and Public Outreach, Tucson, AZ
- Develop a vision for LSST EPO that maximizes the transformational potential of the facility, and is aligned with national priorities and builds on the expertise and collective planning of prior work;
- Lead the development of educational products and programs that allow LSST EPO data products, use cases, and activities to effectively engage the target communities;
- Engage with the community and build sustainable partnerships to ensure successful tool development and dissemination of EPO products during operations;
- Collaborate with the EPO Project Manager to establish EPO deliverable requirements and acquisition strategies;
- Coordinate with the LSST EPO and the Data Management groups to define user interfaces and data products that leverage efforts of the Data Management team;
- Work with the EPO Project Manager to establish progress metrics for EPO construction activities and deliverables, and develop an evaluation program for operations.
- Experience leading the development, implementation, and evaluation of education programs;
- Master’s degree or PhD in STEM related field and/or science education;
- Evidence of expertise working in formal and/or informal education settings;
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and ability to build sustainable partnerships;
- Willingness to travel occasionally (nationally/internationally) and comfortable presenting to technical and non-technical audiences;
- Comfortable interacting with individuals remotely using a variety of technologies, including: email, phone calls, instant messaging, teleconferencing.
- Basic familiarity with high-level technical concepts, such as cloud computing, mobile touch interfaces, and analytics;
- Experience working with international learners and multi-language education programs;
- Multi-lingual (especially Spanish) is a plus, but not required.
Have you liked this post? Subscribe to FDDB Newsletter
Sign up now, it's free!