Job Opportunity: Chief Executive Officer at the Armagh Observatory & Planetarium
The Board of Governors of the Armagh Observatory and Planetarium (Belfast, Northern Ireland) is seeking an energetic leader with a passion for astronomy and related sciences to fill the post of Chief Executive Officer.
This is a unique opportunity to lead one of the longest continuously operating astronomical research institutes in the world (a recognised leader in several specialist fields) and one of the world’s most advanced planetariums.
- PhD in Astronomy or Physics;
- Experience in leading or conducting related research;
- Experience of strategic leadership, advice and engagement.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To guide the Observatory and Planetarium through a period of organisational development;
- To strengthen its research, educational, outreach, heritage and corporate governance functions;
- To ensure its long term sustainability and success;
- To fulfill the functions of the organisation’s Accounting Officer and its chief ambassador, both within the international astronomical community and the local context.
Salary: £65,422 to £78,275
Location: Armagh Observatory and Planetarium
For more detailed information and to apply, please go to the official website of the Northern Ireland Civil Service.
Alternatively, an application pack can be requested by contacting: HRConnect, PO Box 1089, The Metro Building, 6-9 Donegall Square South, Belfast, Northern Ireland, BT1 9EW, United Kingdom.
Telephone: +44 (0) 800 1300 330.
All requests must include your name, address and reference number IRC203317. Completed application forms must be returned to arrive not later than 12:00 noon (UK time) on Monday, 2nd November 2015. Remember that all applications for employment are considered strictly on the basis of merit.
Have you liked this post? Subscribe to FDDB Newsletter
Sign up now, it's free!