Job Opportunity: Planetarium Educator at the Cernan Earth and Space Center
- Deliver programs in the Cernan Center Planetarium to all types of visitors and groups;
- Maintain familiarity with current events and develop further knowledge in the areas of astronomy and space exploration past, present, and future in order to interact with all types of visitors;
- Collaborate on development of educator guides and related activities;
- Take group reservations, generate confirmations, and check in groups when they arrive;
- Staff the Star Store as a cashier, open and close the register, stock and straighten merchandise as needed;
- Maintain electronic attendance and revenue records;
- Perform general monitoring and troubleshooting of Planetarium equipment to maintain quality presentation;
- Assist with programming planetarium control systems;
- Assist with special events such as star parties, College-wide events, member parties, and facility rentals.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in education, science, or communications;
- Two years of experience working in a planetarium or informal science education, including creating and delivering complex content;
- Abilities to demonstrate proficiency in public speaking;
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time as well as lift and move supplies and equipment (up to 20 lbs.).
Have you liked this post? Subscribe to FDDB Newsletter
Sign up now, it's free!