Job Opportunity: Planetarium Program Presenter (part-time)
ABOUT THE CHRISTA MCAULIFFE CENTER
Our vision is to foster a community of lifelong learners by providing innovative, integrated STEM pedagogies, practices, and programs that are accessible to all audiences. Our mission is to lead the Commonwealth of Massachusetts in K-16 integrated STEM learning through the sharing of resources, building of partnerships, and advancement of educational practices. The McAuliffe Center Team is devoted to promoting and increasing diversity and equity in STEM Education. Our passion is to offer STEM Educational programming to historically underrepresented groups.
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES
The Christa McAuliffe Center, manager of the Framingham State University Planetarium, is seeking a part-time instructor to facilitate planetarium programs for K-12 school groups and occasionally out-of-school time groups. The Planetarium Programs Instructor will independently operate all planetarium equipment and systems in order to facilitate daily planetarium activities that are educational, interactive, and responsive to the needs of a diverse range of visiting groups.
Planetarium Programs Coordinator, Program Manager
EXAMPLES OF SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Facilitating daily educational activities in the planetarium for K-12 school groups and occasionally out-of-school time groups
- Assisting in all aspects of daily school visits including transitions, lunch, etc.
- Communicating effectively with all visitors
- Ensuring that all planetarium equipment and systems are working effectively
- Associates or Bachelors Degree - Required
- Ability to present in a dynamic and engaging manner
- Demonstrated experience in teaching, informal education, outreach, and/or youth development
- Commitment to a high standard of inclusive educational practice
- Knowledge of space and Earth science and astronomical concepts including the solar system, the night sky, space exploration, etc.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new software and digital technologies required for planetarium operation
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve Windows-based computer issues
- Ability to adapt to the needs of a diverse range of audiences representing a wide range of ages, backgrounds, and abilities
This is a part-time non-benefited, contract position, not to exceed 18 hours per week. The pay rate is $18-20 per hour.
Framingham State University conducts criminal history and sexual offender record checks on recommended finalists prior to final employment for all positions.
Framingham State University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Members of underrepresented groups, minorities, women, veterans, persons with disabilities, and all persons committed to diversity and inclusive excellence are strongly encouraged to apply.
Candidates must apply online at the official website using the "APPLY NOW" link (located at the bottom of the page) by submitting (1) a cover letter, (2) resume, and (3) the names and contact information for three professional references.
For full consideration, application materials must be received by August 30th. However, the search committee may continue to review applications until the position is filled.
Framingham State University only accepts application materials through our online application system. We are unable to accept application materials through mail, email, fax, or hand delivery.
Framingham State University understands that persons with specific disabilities may need assistance with the job application process and/or with the interview process. For confidential assistance, please contact the Human Resources Office at 508-626-4530 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have you liked this post? Subscribe to FDDB Newsletter
Sign up now, it's free!