Job Opportunity: Planetarium & Program Specialist
Roper Mountain Science Center seeks a creative and dynamic leader who demonstrates a passion for astronomy and education. The ideal candidate will have proven astronomy experience in formal or informal science education with experience managing staff. They should possess a strong commitment to student education, customer service, and creative problem solving including experience using technology related to the Space Sciences.
- Plan, organize and manage Friday “Starry Nights” including staff and operations
- Instruct daily, standards-based astronomy lessons for elementary and middle school students
- Create new and innovative standards-based, hands-on astronomy lessons that engage students in the inquiry process.
- Extend the impact of RMSC lessons and programs through pre-visits, post-visits, virtually, and through new and innovative techniques.
- Recruit, train and supervise part-time instructors for daily lessons and public programs.
- Care for and maintain Planetarium including but not limited to: Spitz 4K projector and system, sound system, Laser Fantasy system, Chromacove, software, computers, and exhibits.
- Care for and maintain the Daniel Observatory.
- Work with Finance Specialist to implement the ALTRU ticketing system and related visitor service needs.
- Plan and organize high-quality science programs for students and the public (summer science camps, Second Saturdays, Lasers shows, group programs, after school programs, workshops, outreach, special events, etc.).
- Creatively improve and expand programs and facilities through grants, donations, acquisitions and community partnerships.
- Recruit, train and supervise a volunteer program and RMA (Roper Mountain Astronomers).
- Manage a budget following Greenville County School’s financial procedures.
Learn more and apply at the official website.
Have you liked this post? Subscribe to FDDB Newsletter
Sign up now, it's free!