Job Opportunity: Senior Video Engineer
This is a great opportunity to join a creative team of technologists who build pioneering systems in the support of science education.
The Senior Video Engineer will be responsible for supporting the Rose Center Engineering department in the design, implementation and support of video systems at the American Museum of Natural History.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: researching and vetting appropriate technologies, testing equipment as necessary to determine suitability for projects, system design, documentation, installation oversight, training, ongoing maintenance and troubleshooting.
Some night and weekend work will be required.
• Extensive experience in all aspects of video capture, playback, transport, and large scale display systems design, installation, and support.
• Deep understanding of video signal standards, projection technology, blended displays and alignment procedures.
• Ability to design and document systems.
• Ability to successfully collaborate with complimentary technical museum staff, as well as outside vendors and manufacturers.
• Comfortable efficiently troubleshooting complex systems under stressful show conditions.
• Ability to communicate and teach technical information.
• High School diploma or equivalent.
Job posting can be found at https://careers.amnh.org/postings/2424
Have you liked this post? Subscribe to FDDB Newsletter
Sign up now, it's free!