As the largest and most ethnically diverse college in Nevada, the College of Southern Nevada
(CSN) has made it a priority to provide an affordable, collaborative and welcoming environment that allows students of any culture to shine. CSN is a fully accredited institution offering over 150 degrees and certificates in more than 90 areas of study, including astronomy and space science.
Southern Nevada’s is the only public planetarium where the stars are literally the stars of the show. This 68-seat theater features an Evans & Sutherland
Digistar 5 high definition hemispheric video projection system that creates virtual realities on an impressive dome surrounding the audience. The planetarium presents different events and shows to the general public on weekends, and to local schools on weekday mornings.
As the current employee is retiring this summer, the CSN planetarium
seeks a new Program Manager who will be directly responsible for presenting diverse programs that are entertaining, scientifically accurate, and up-to-date.
- Bachelor's Degree in astronomy/physical science/technology related field from a regionally accredited college or university;
- Familiarity with digital planetarium systems.
- Master's degree or higher in astronomy/physical science/technology related field from a regionally accredited college or university;
- Experience with digital planetarium systems;
- Experience with planetarium content creation;
- Experience working with a diverse/multicultural student body and/or workforce.
If this job opportunity sounds like you, fill in the online application form
and attach your Cover Letter, Resume, and Transcripts
. In case you are unable to attach the required documents to your online application, you may send them to Human Resources via email
or fax to +1 702-651-5778
Keep in mind that applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
The position will remain open till May 2, 2016