Job Opportunity: Planetarium Outreach Educator - Bell Museum of Natural History
- BA/BS degree in science or education fields and a minimum of 2 years experience working with K – 12 youth and adults in a formal, informal or museum setting or a combination of related education and/or relevant experience totaling 6 years
- General working knowledge of astronomy
- Formal education or experience in science and STEM program development and experience applying this knowledge to program implementation
- Access to a reliable source of transportation for off-site programs.
- Must be able to lift 30 pounds.
- Experience with Uniview software
- Skill in resourcefulness and creativity
- Ability to work in a team setting
- Must be adaptable, flexible, dedicated and dependable
- Ability to express ideas clearly both verbally and in writing
- Ability to organize time and work in a highly effective manner.
Major Areas of Accountability (with percentages)ExploraDome Program Delivery (75%) • Implement ExploraDome portable planetarium programming visits to school and community audiences an average 3 days per week to approximately 450 people. • Assist in schedule coordination, visit preparation, and other logistics for ExploraDome programming with reservations and planetarium staff. Curriculum Development (10%) • Assist with the development of new planetarium on- and off-site programs, in alignment with state and national science standards. • In collaboration with planetarium staff, develop and implement astronomy and Earth science -based special events. Support of STEM Education Programs (5%) • Work with museum staff to compile program evaluation data for reports and for grant proposal submissions. • Attend conferences and fairs to promote programs. Show Production and Technology Support (10%) • Using various media (Uniview, film clips, photographs, diagrams, etc.) produce visuals to accompany and convey the storylines and science of new and existing planetarium shows. • Keep up to date on the latest releases of planetarium software and other new media. Base salary of $37,000; commensurate with experience. You can find more details by searching for position on the official website. To be considered for this position, please follow the instructions on the site and fill in the online form. Applications are due June 16, 2017. To request an accommodation during the application process, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (612) 624-UOHR (8647).
Have you liked this post? Subscribe to FDDB Newsletter
Sign up now, it's free!