Job Opportunity: Scitech is Hiring STEM Visualisation Coordinator
- Essential - Tertiary qualification in relevant area of study;
- Desirable - Science, Education or Facility Management qualification;
- Demonstrated experience developing networks/relationships including verbal and written negotiations for long term business benefit;
- Development and implementation of business plans, strategies, relationships and targets to progress a program/project/business or idea;
- Preparation of a range of professional written communications including reports, evaluations and budgets;
- Desirable - background/experience with digitalisation, audio visual, or visualisation content and equipment;
- Exposure to venue, theatre, facility, leisure or community centre or similar highly regarded;
- Experience managing staff preferred, or coordination of others as part of a project or team;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and respond flexibly to changing work priorities;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to modify approach to suit audience;
- Innovative and creative, with an interest in new and developing technology;
- Practical approach to problem solving and the ability to work autonomously.
Key Result Areas:
- To coordinate and promote the Scitech Planetarium as a high impact forum for visualising and communicating STEM through evaluation, promotion and staff leadership;
- To proactively source, develop and deliver current, relevant and leading edge STEM based visualisation content for Scitech's key audiences in the planetarium;
- To report on operations and outcomes of the planetarium to the Director of Science Programs and City West General Manager through a variety of written and verbal communications;
- To actively seek out, establish and foster external working relationships and internal networks that enable opportunities to bring cutting edge visualisations, fulldome experiences and content development to WA audiences;
- To lead the planetarium staff through content selection, content creation, staff training, science communication and upskilling.
Scope and Dimensions:
- Full Time position (40 hr per week);
- Monday – Friday availability with possibility of some after hours work. Occasional weekend availability required;
- Management of 1 FT staff and approx. 4 PT/casual staff;
- Budget of approximately $350,000.
Have you liked this post? Subscribe to FDDB Newsletter
Sign up now, it's free!