Job Opportunity: Planetarium Manager, Sudekum Planetarium
The position of Planetarium Manager at the Sudekum Planetarium at Adventure Science Center is currently open.
Sudekum Planetarium has been in Nashville since 1952; the current iteration was opened in 2008, with a 63-foot dome, 166 seats and a 12.5 degree tilt. We have a Digistar 5 system, hybridized with a GOTO Chiron star projector.
It's a fantastic space with amazing potential and we're eager to find someone to help guide us forward.
The Planetarium Manager is responsible for the strategic direction, daily operation, supervision and fiscal management of the planetarium. This position reports to the CEO and works a schedule that includes weekends with occasional evening and holiday hours required.
Below are key aspects of the position. For a complete description of the qualifications, roles, and skills required please inquire at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required; degree in Physics, Astronomy, Astrophysics, physical science or related field is preferred
- Minimum five (5) years planetarium operation and management experience.
- Knowledge of modern astronomy including night sky, space science, physical science, mathematics, etc.
- Demonstrated ability in the use of telescopes, computer, video, and audio systems, and techniques used to create planetarium visual effects
- General understanding of Adobe Creative Suite and MS Office
- Superior presentation skills. A passion and ability to communicate knowledge of astronomy and space science.
- Technical ability and interest in maintaining complex projection systems and related equipment
- Ability to manage budgets and project deadlines
- Ensure highest quality of content, program delivery, and guest satisfaction.
- Design, schedule, and present engaging planetarium programs (live and recorded)
- Evaluate, select and negotiate leases for programs
- Develop new program offerings
- Manage original show production
- Work collaboratively with other ASC personnel to complete intra- and inter-departmental projects
- Supervise activities of planetarium staff, volunteers, and interns
- Oversee the maintenance of all planetarium projection and computer systems
- Lead the selection, planning, and implementation of technology upgrades
- Act as the principal staff spokesperson for media inquiries about astronomy, space science, and other related fields
To be considered for this position, applicants must meet qualifications, submit a letter of interest, and professional resume to email@example.com.
Have you liked this post? Subscribe to FDDB Newsletter
Sign up now, it's free!