Job Opportunity: Planetarium Manager, Sudekum Planetarium
The Sudekum Planetarium at Adventure Science Center (Nashville TN, USA) is hiring a full-time Planetarium Manager.
The Planetarium Manager is responsible for the daily operation, supervision and fiscal management of the Sudekum Planetarium, including but not limited to – show research, writing, design and presentation; equipment upkeep, original show production, maintenance and renewal planning; budgeting; strategic planning; fundraising support; supervising staff and volunteers, and serving as planetarium spokesperson.
- Ensure highest quality of content, program delivery and guest satisfaction with the goal of growing attendance. Implement processes to measure effectiveness, success and guest satisfaction of programs.
- Supervise activities of planetarium staff, volunteers and interns including selection, training, scheduling, work assignments and performance evaluations.
- Oversee the maintenance, alignment, and upkeep of all planetarium projection and computer systems; diagnosing and correcting common problems that arise during the operation of these systems. Lead the selection, planning, and implementation of technology upgrades. Coordinate with Facilities and Housekeeping staff to maintain physical condition of the theater.
- Design, schedule and present engaging planetarium programs (live and recorded) for a variety of audiences (both children and adults) including; schools (grades PK-16), community groups, and the public with a focus on fostering maximum attendance and revenue.
- Develop new program offerings as needed to broaden planetarium audiences and experiences.
- Evaluate, select and negotiate leases for programs to complement the in-house show library and maintain public interest. Modify and install new programs. Research, write, produce and update existing programs as needed.
- Proactively engage guests in personal, inspiring interactions
- Anticipate guest needs and solve guest issues with a positive, courteous and professional attitude
Visit the official website for a full job description.
Adventure Science Center’s purpose is to transform lives through extraordinary experiences in science and innovation, and our vision is to become a nationally renowned destination science center. ASC provides powerful exhibitions and inspiring programs with exceptional guest experiences that deepen the engagement of all ages in science and science-related disciplines.
Have you liked this post? Subscribe to FDDB Newsletter
Sign up now, it's free!