Job Opportunity: Software Engineer (E&S)
Evans & Sutherland has a current opening for a Software Engineer working in the Salt Lake City, Utah office.
This position works within a small team of software engineers to design, implement, test, and document a software system which displays real-time 3D graphics and video content in a dome theater. This position requires a BS degree in Computer Science or related field is required. At least three to five years programming experience in a technical position is required. Significant experience programming in C++, DirectX and HLSL programming.
- Responsible for software development tasks within a small software development team.
- Helps determine priorities for the software development team.
- Organizes and conducts engineering design reviews.
- Analyzes trade-offs in design for efficiency, readability and supportability.
- Provides leadership and direction to other members of the team for a particular technical development effort.
- Provides mentoring to less senior members of the development team, when appropriate.
- Provides documentation for users and support personnel.
- Assists in product testing and support.
- Provides customer support, both in-house and on-site.
- Follows group design, coding, archival and documentation standards.
Significant experience programming in C++, DirectX and HLSL programming is required. Must be able to multi-task and prioritize tasks to meet critical deadlines. Must work well within a group. Must be detail-oriented. Must be able to work without close supervision. Interest in and knowledge of astronomy is highly preferred. Occasional travel to trade shows and customer sites may be required.
For more details concerning this position go to the E&S Website.
Have you liked this post? Subscribe to FDDB Newsletter
Sign up now, it's free!