Job Opportunity: Technician at Raritan Valley Community College Planetarium
Primary Responsibilities, Duties & Tasks:
- Creating and presenting school group planetarium programs, public show programs and laser content;
- Maintaining, training volunteers and scheduling Observatory activities;
- Maintaining technical equipment, including high-definition digital video projectors, network of eight computers for the Definiti DS2 system, cove lighting system and computer, and laser projectors;
- Assisting in show production, managing public operation schedule, working with students and club members on using planetarium equipment to take images of celestial objects and training, supervising, and scheduling volunteer observatory operators.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts required, BS/BA in astronomy, education, or a related field preferred;
- Knowledge of and demonstrated success in teaching astronomy;
- Minimum 5 years experience in a planetarium or other informal science education setting;
- Experience creating and presenting school planetarium programs;
- Experience in maintenance of digital planetarium system;
- Demonstrated ability to work with a wide-ranging age of visitors;
- Excellent writing and speaking skills.
Have you liked this post? Subscribe to FDDB Newsletter
Sign up now, it's free!